I think that the blog title pretty much says what the content of this post is about. This week was my (Linda's) week to experience a lot of "firsts". For example, this week I was blessed with the opportunity to photography my first wedding! And let me say, it was the best first experience that I ever could have asked for. Duane and Elaine and all of the guests and relatives were SO easy to work with, the weather was beautiful, and the setting was gorgeous. This week I was also given the blessing of sharing my man's birthday with him for the first time... You know, when I could finally give him his birthday present the same day as his birthday without having to ship it, I could make him a birthday cake and watch him eat it, etc, etc. That was amazing. I posted my first post on my photo-blog, and am super excited about that. I also hiked Multnomah Falls for the first time ever which, trust me, is a lot harder than it sounds.
All in all, this week has been an amazing week. Not just because of the events, but the weather has been beautiful. It hasn't really set in yet that this will be my last summer as a single, my last summer in Oregon (probably for a long time), my last summer in school and my last summer with all of my childhood friends and family close by.
So many things are changing, and while they're changing for the better, I can't help but wish that it could all stand still just a little longer. As summer school is coming to an end and wedding plans are being set in place, my heart gets excited knowing that I will get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and love, but I know that soon the bitterness of leaving will take it's toll. The thing that I must keep reminding myself is that regardless, God is so in control. He is leading me and Christian to far better things, and that ultimately my life is not about my comfort, but about finding my worth in glorifying my God. I must pray also in all things. Like James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." And also like the famous quote, "I don't know what my(our) future holds, but I know Who holds my(our) future."
Back to the theme of "firsts", I think that another first that I will attempt this week is making my first strawberry/rhubarb cobbler! (Thanks Julie, for the inspiration of that idea ;-)) Wish me luck on that venture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment