Friday, July 8, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

Okay, so for those of your who read my last blog post, I ended it by saying that another thing on my "first time" to do list, was make a strawberry/rhubarb cobbler. Well, this last Tuesday evening I went to the farmer's market to buy some fresh, local produce. I was getting kind of discouraged  because almost every booth was out of strawberries already, and it didn't look like anyone was selling rhubarb. As I was leaving, I happened to pass a booth with, to my great happiness, strawberries!!! Not only did they have strawberries, but upon walking up to the booth to take a look, I saw that they had a big box of fresh rhubarb sitting behind the table (not visible to passers by). I asked if I could buy some, and sure enough, strawberries and rhubarb at the same stop! Yay!

Last night, I looked online and found an AMAZING recipe for strawberry/rhubarb crisp, which I realize is a bit different than cobbler, but my goodness it sounded so good. The recipe called for 3 cups of rhubarb, but I only had about one and a half... I didn't realize how much I would need at the time that I bought the rhubarb stalk. I saw that I had some blueberries on hand, so instead, I used about 2 cups of those. I am proud to say that the end result was a delicious strawberry/rhubarb/blueberry crisp!!! (If I do say so myself ;-)) If anyone wants the recipe, here it is http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rhubarb-strawberry-crunch/detail.aspx (granted, I tweaked the measurements and ingredients a tiny bit, but it's all depending on what you think will taste the best :-))

 I got there a bit too late with the camera. My parents and my man had already begun to devour it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

"Whom have (we) in heaven but You? And besides you (we) desire nothing on earth. (Our) flesh and (our) hearts may fail, but God is the strength of (our) hearts, and (our) portion forever."
~Psalm 73:25-26
 

All of Life's Joys | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates