I was just reflecting today on just how many things I have said, "I am going to do this" about in the last several months, if not years. Two of the major things on my list have actually become a reality in the last few months, which is SUPER exciting. 1) I got engaged to the man that I love most, and 2) I have officially started my photography career. I get such and incredible rush when I get out and start taking pictures. I can't even begin to describe it. I can never wait to upload them onto my desktop when I get home from shooting... I seriously always run right to my computer and start scrolling through the hundreds of photos that I just took, and I get all girly and giddy when I see how they turned out. I was thinking about this today in respects to how excited I am to spend time with the Lord sometimes. Granted, I wish that I felt that excited to spend time with God all the time, which leads me into this post title, "Aspirations".
I have a seemingly endless list of things that I want to accomplish in my lifetime. I want to go to Rome, I want to live in Germany for at least 1 year, I want to become an international photographer, I want to weigh approximately 140lbs, I want to adopt at least 2 kids, I want to learn how to sew, I want to learn how to make my own candles, I want to officially master the German and Spanish languages and I want to be a perfect (future) wife. The list goes on...and on...and on. I think of all of these things that I want to accomplish in my life and my heart just starts beating with excitement and anticipation of what I will one day, Lord willing get to see and experience and do.
I think that while all of these things that I aspire to do are good and exciting, I need to remember something super important: My life is not my own. My soul as been bought for a price that demands my utmost submission and my tenderest love. While the Lord may have it in His mind for me to complete some of these aspirations in my lifetime, I need to strive to make these goals focused on the One who created them to begin with. Just something that I was thinking about today...
"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by streams of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not whither; And whatever he does shall prosper." Psalm 1:1-3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment